A few quick tips when looking to purchase a used air compressor
- How many hours has it run?
- How old is the air compressor? The date of manufacturer should be on a pop revited plate with the units serial number.
- General condition
- Service history
- See it run
- Test the compressor will run up to pressure and perform all its function corretly.
- Current certification on pressure vessels.
- Check pistons - Big end rattle? Little end knocking? Bearings rumbling?
- Check the compressor isn't using alot of oil